Sunday, May 1, 2011

Spring is knock knock knocking at my door!

I finally took down the cute hand-stitched "be warm" sign off my door.  It had some little mittens... and was such a cute way to think of this awful winter we had here in New England... I really do hate just about everything about winter.  If it weren't for my boyfriend being so stinkin out-doorsy... I would have stayed inside all winter sipping on hot chocolate... and eating yummy cozy food.  I did take a stab at some ice fishing and snow-mobiling... both of which I loved!

Anyways... I needed a new display for my door.  I usually would just go out and pick up something, but I have been trying to express my creativity a bit more...

I also have an obsession with purses.  A few months ago I bought this awesome bag... and it had these flower embellishments on it.  There were about five of them.  I really loved the purse... did you notice I said "loved"?  Slowly, but surely the flower embellishments fell off... every single one.  SO FRUSTRATING!  Unfortunately, it wasn't that cheap of a purse either... so forget that saying about you get what you pay for!!

As the flower embellishments fell off I saved them, thinking I would try to put them back on.  


Instead I just ended up taking it apart, because I wanted to learn how to make them myself!  It really ended up being pretty easy.... so even thought I had a fallen purse... I ended up making some flowers of my own, and creating a new door hanging!

I love birds... flowers... and spring!  The sun is finally shining... and things are looking up!

It was a bit of an emotional weekend for a few reasons... but we must remember... with Spring comes new life... fresh starts... and lots of beauty...

*Think Spring* my friends!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh! That is great! I love those flowers. You're so smart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute & fun! love the birdie!
    thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment on my pillows ~ i really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete