Saturday, March 19, 2011

Coffee Filter Quilting!

So, a while back I attended a weekend class on how to make coffee filter quilts!  Basically it is a Drunkard Path, for those of you that are quilters!  I have been so overly busy, and my craft room has been a disaster... oops!  I have had the squares done for quite some time, and have finally laid it out to get it in order to begin piecing it together.  It's a bit of a quirky quilt.  It's all scrap fabrics I found in my mother's stash.  So many of the fabrics are from quilts she has made for other family members, head bands she has made for me and my college field hockey team, purses, pj pants.... so it is really special.  I can't wait to see the finished product, but for now it is exciting just to see it laid out!  SO here is a preview, and maybe at some point I will post a tutorial.  For now, I just wanted to share this quilt, and all the special fabrics involved!




I have always had a special love for all things scrapy.  The craziness of the quilt, and all the different fabrics are so beautiful to me!  I may have to begin brainstorming other scrapy ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment