Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Value of ME Time....

So today is the first day in a while I have dedicated to ME!  Granted... I did have to work, but afterwards.... ME.  All I can say it has been SO good.  I had a yummy snack... and did things I have been wanting to do, and now... I am sitting my bum on the couch and catching up on some DVR.

Lately I have realized I have been focusing too much on things... things that are bothering me... things that are negative... and things that aren't really important at all.  Remember, the most important things aren't things at all.  Happiness is important.  Loving yourself is important.  Sometimes you need to take a step back, focus... breathe... and take care of yourself.  I have been neglecting myself.  That's completely unacceptable.  I have been neglecting the things that put me at center, put me at ease, and put me feeling like the crazy ME that I am!  I realized things are completely out of hand... when I don't have but one more pair of clean underwear to wear.  If you know me personally.... whenever I get stressed I buy underwear... haha.  So I HAVE TONS!  To run out... BIG ISSUE!

It is important to take the time to do things for you.  I have been craving the time to do laundry, to clean my kitchen, my bathroom, organize my craft room, and finally sit down and create.  Creating is what I love... sewing... cooking... Mod Podging.... whatever it is... I want to do it!  I have been stressing about some new work hours, but I am going to take it as a positive.  I will have one day off a week... and it will be dedicated to doing what I want.  I AM SO READY!

So here is my vow... to take care of MY needs, even if it may involve saying NO to the people I love... because at the end of the day... I can not please other people truly and fully, if I am not pleased myself.

So.... I am going to be a bit selfish for a bit.  The sound of that makes me cringe... and I will struggle with the idea of doing it... but I WILL.

So yeah.. needed to vent.... back to my DVR :)

No comments:

Post a Comment